Monday, March 21, 2011

lasagna was served

My previously rejected bolognese sauce and creamed spinach were finally hauled out of the freezer and put to good use. My friend J. came over for dinner and we both had seconds it was so good. Only I kept a couple of lasagna noodles aside and dressed those with sauce (no spinach this time around) to feed Ben. It took two days and some bribing (he took his first bite in exchange for a bottle of milk) and he finally realized I wasn't trying to poison him. It's such a bummer. I really want him to eat vegetables in their original form. Take your pick: because I love them, because I want a foodie baby, because we visit a kick-ass farmer's market every single weekend and it makes no sense to me why he rejects produce. But it looks like that's not meant to be. So I steamed and pureed some cauliflower last week that I could slip it into his mac and cheese and I'm this close to breaking down and buying Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious. I'm so against the idea of "hidden" veggies, especially in any type of chocolate dessert, but if you can't beat 'em...

No comments:

Post a Comment