Tuesday, November 8, 2011

our favorite dinosaur books


When we're not reading about poop, we've got our current lineup of favorites: Harold and the Purple Crayon, The Paper Bag Princess, The Pout-Pout Fish in the Big-Big Dark, Usborne's Goldilocks and the Three Bears and Clip-Clop.
Then there are the dinosaur books, which have been a constant for months. Randomly collected from grandparents, the bookstore and I'm not even sure where. And all five must be read in exactly the same order every time starting with Touch and Feel Dinosaur and winding up with How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food. (Side note: I much prefer Danny and the Dinosaur Go to Camp over the endless Danny and the Dinosaur which is currently hidden at the back of the bookcase.) Of all the things he could obsess over, I love that my kid is a dino buff. And I think the books are a really good mix of stories, rhymes and education-y, tactile type of books. I hope it's of some inspiration if you're looking to expand your dinosaur library.

2 comments:

  1. We love How Dinosaurs Say Goodnight; awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool list! I just picked up Tyrannosaurus Math at the library, but we haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete