Tuesday, November 29, 2011

the food fight is not over


We had dinner at a friend's house this weekend and, along with Thanksgiving leftovers, I made pasta with garlic and olive oil. But first I took out a portion and tossed it with butter for B. Only he was still hungry so I gave him some of the noodles drenched in olive oil, a TON of garlic, sea salt and pepper. And he ate the whole bowl. I think it worked because he couldn't really see the flavorings, what you don't know can't hurt you sort of thing. That got me to thinking I need something to toss with his noodles that he can't see. Pureed cauliflower is brilliant in mac and cheese but the flavor is way too strong with plain noodles. Then I saw this pureed corn in the baby foods freezer section at Whole Foods. Genius. It's pale yellow, like butter, and adds just a little sweetness. Granted B. hasn't agreed to eat any yet but I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a sure thing. So until they start selling an odorless, tasteless and colorless organic fruit and vegetable supplement (why isn't anybody on that?!) I'm gonna give this a try while only feeling slightly weird that we're reverting to baby food at 31 months.

UPDATE: Success...sucka! Mommy always wins in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment