Friday, November 25, 2011

i'm thankful

I am thankful that my awesome kid is picky. Seriously. There's nothing else wrong with him. He doesn't have any physical issues that stop him from eating. And for this I'm grateful. Annoyed but grateful. Eventually (soon, please?!) he will eat like a normal kid. I know it could be way worse so I'm trying to keep it all in perspective. Like when his preschool had a Thanksgiving party this week and he ate one breadroll and two cookies...whatever. And when I made a turkey yesterday (dry-brined per a New York Times Melissa Clark video I can no longer find but A-M-A-Z-I-N-G) with all the trimmings and he ate a handful of crackers instead...what are you going to do? Today was a chocolate sandwich and a bowlful of buttered noodles. Shrug.
He can also ride a bike better than any two-year-old I know, speaks Spanish (total shocker since this is a Teacher J. development he's never told me about), loves bowling, books, trains and dinosaurs. Pretty awesome kid.

2 comments:

  1. I was just having a similar thought! My kid eats too much (and too much bread!) but he's healthy, happy, smart and wonderful. We're very lucky ladies!

    ReplyDelete