Friday, April 1, 2011

when we go grocery shopping

I feel the need to write this down because I know I'll forget and soon I won't even be able to bribe B. to come to Whole Foods with me but for now I can get him there with the promise of watching Yo Gabba Gabba when we get home. Obviously I could wrestle him into the car but it's so much easier when he's compliant. And then there's the snacking. Usually he asks for pizza when we pass the brick oven and most employees are happy to give a sample slice. You get the odd stink eye but since passing out pizza will give me more time to shop it's in the store's best interest to keep my kid fed and happy. But today he wanted a banana (Yay! Bananas have been on the "no like" list for about a week now) and a slice of pita bread. And then some woman in line was praising B. for how well he ate and talking about how it's a challenge to get her kids to eat anything. Which was nice but I also knew this meant B. probably wouldn't eat the pasta dinner I was planning for tonight so there was no smug joy in seeing him stuff his face at four o'clock in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment