Thursday, March 8, 2012

how my kid will heart NYC

Growing up I read a lot of stories that were New York-based. Ironically never Eloise which might be the most fabulous of all. But the books definitely left an impression on me--NYC kids always seemed to be having more adventures and less adult supervision than anyone else--and I will always be a New Yorker at heart no matter where I'm living.
On our reading list right now is Ira Sleeps Over. It's a fairly lengthy debate on whether or not to take Tah Tah the teddy bear to Ira's first sleepover and I'm always impressed B. has the patience and appreciation to sit through this book.
Up next will be Lyle, Lyle Crocodile. (Also by Bernard Waber.) And then there might be a slight delay before we get to the non-picture books: Harriet the Spy, Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing and the so very great From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler but I can't wait to read these to B.
One guaranteed love of New York City...coming up.
PS. Please let me know if I'm missing any other good ones!

1 comment:

  1. We saw Lyle the musical last year. It was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete