Sunday, January 9, 2011

if we had a dog...

The dog would eat all the vegetables B. refuses to put in his mouth. Instead, I eat them. (And love them.) But it sort of defeats the point. Which isn't to say I stop trying. I made a kick-ass succotash to go with roast chicken and sweet potato fries tonight. Mine was corn sauteed with diced zucchini and red pepper, shallots, garlic, thyme and lemon juice, (though Wikki says the traditional way is to use lima beans, which is where I draw the line). Anyway, B. didn't like it. He also didn't like the quinoa and veggies I made last year, the roast beet salad, the cauliflower puree or the spinach cakes. And it doesn't even have to be fancy. He also turned his nose up at steamed peas and carrots last week. Yet I'm convinced there's some magical vegetable preparation that's gonna get him hooked the same way he likes cheesy carbs. (I'm suffering some major nutritional guilt at the moment because yesterday he had pizza for lunch and mac 'n' cheese for dinner.) I'm out of ideas right now but tomorrow's mission will be to find some new veggie recipe he can reject.

*Oh yeah. Completely forgot green beans tossed in pesto/parmesan and snow peas in a honey/soy sauce vinaigrette were also part of the reject list. And now I have made myself very hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment