Friday, September 17, 2010

avoiding starbucks

I am not a morning person (or really an evening person either...but whatever) but when I can summon the energy I push B. in his blue car (still in pajamas, of course) to our local Starbucks for some liquid strength. Except our Starbucks happens to be the same coffee shop that caters to all the Google, Yahoo and MTV hipsters who work down the street. This is gonna sound crazy but there's something about standing there in my sweats with a snotty kid and being judged by a bunch of 20-something tech heads that just makes me want to run the other way. When I'm pulled together I have no problem with it but there's just something so pathetic about standing there in pajama pants, an oversized sweatshirt, clunky shoes and unbrushed hair--I think I'd swear off motherhood myself if I could see my own reflection. The natural solution would be to get up earlier and actually get dressed for the occasion but since that's NEVER gonna happen I just walk an extra few blocks to the slacker Starbucks in the opposite direction. Which makes me one of the most resourceful lazy people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment