Tuesday, July 13, 2010

no double dipping!

We have officially become a household that needs to put out two serving bowls when guests come over. One for grownups and one for kids. So judgmental (who knows how I'll feel the next time I actually host a party?) but I hate people who let kids slobber all over the crudites. I fed B. hummus this weekend, sucked off the end of a long carrot stick (seriously, a huge carrot so it couldn't be a choking hazard). And he could not get enough. Granted the giant dipping carrot might have been part of the appeal but I also read that dips come in as one of the Top Nutritious Foods Kids Find Delicious.
To be honest, I prefer white bean hummus when I have time to make it--it's just sweeter and smoother. You can add tahini and fresh herbs and all that good stuff but I go with a pretty simple version in the food processor:

White Bean Dip
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small garlic clove

Puree all the ingredients in a food processor. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment