Tuesday, June 22, 2010

my new favorite convenience foods

I don't know if this is obsessive or just concerned parenting but I tracked down the local Whole Foods while we were on vacation in Scottsdale and went shopping twice that week. (B. did eat a few meals courtesy of the hotel kitchen but I have such an issue with kids' menus that only include chicken fingers and grilled cheese or some such boring variation.)
Anyway, I found these pouches that are perfect for traveling or just stashing in my bag when I don't know where we'll be during mealtime. Sprout makes a whole bunch of flavors but I loved the Baked Sweet Potato. (Interesting, just checked their site and it was founded by Tyler Florence of the Food Network--and there are a whole lot more flavors I'd have tried if they were available.) And then Crispy Green freeze-dried fruits. B. was basically eating the apple and pear chips like a bag of Doritos. I love finding new fun products!

No comments:

Post a Comment