Sunday, September 5, 2010

freedom just around the corner

There's none of the usual anxiety I feel on the weekends, like I should be prepping for the week ahead and I'm worried about being behind because I’ve spent the weekend playing with B. and going to the farmer’s market. I’m sitting with him longer, playing silly games and not rushing to divide my time between him and the laptop. I bought four different kinds of herbs this morning at the farmer’s market: parsley, dill, sage and basil, and assume I’ll be able to use all of them at some point within the next week…as opposed to stocking the fridge with prepared meals. It’s corny but it’s my waiting to exhale moment. Not spending the weekend searching for material to cover Monday is like being told some big test is no longer happening--a big fricking relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment