Saturday, July 10, 2010

my friend the tupperware queen

Every woman I know excels at some part of parenting. My sister is the most patient person I know. L. knows more songs than a nursery school teacher. And KDS has the best stocked fridge. Ever. I swear this is what she offered (via email) the last time I was prepping to take B. over for a visit:

I have a freezer full of organic spinach cakes, sweet potato cakes, pasta-veggie bowls, mac and cheese etc and then baby yogurt, string cheese, cheerios, milk, tofu, juice boxes, snack crackers, fruit bars, fresh blueberries, bananas, avocado, peaches, apples etc...all organic.

Plus there was chicken, pork loin and pasta for the kids, too. And an arugula/goat cheese/pear and hazelnut salad for the grownups. (Simply drizzled with olive oil. It's a combination I am currently obsessed with.) Insane. Granted the fridge in our condo wouldn't hold all this stuff even if I could get organized enough to go out and buy all this food but it did inspire me to go out and buy a bunch of Tupperware to fill with a bunch of finger food.

No comments:

Post a Comment